Monday, June 20, 2016

So very close.

I had my second-to-last NST today. Baby was a little more stubborn than usual, so it took longer than it has in the past, but everything checked out just fine. Without doing a full growth sonogram, the tech estimated the baby is about 7lb, 14 oz, which is just fine with me--not too big, not too small.

TMI Alert.  I've had some stomach issues for the past few days. Until today, I assumed it was just from the Taxol, since I have had minor issues each weekend afterwards. When the issues continued into today, I began to get concerned that it could be the diarrhea that I know often accompanies early labor, especially since I've had lots of contractions today. Some of them have been painful, but most of them have just been uncomfortable. The nurse said if I continue to have issues tomorrow, or if it gets worse, I should call the doctor and see if they want to do anything about it, but for now, I just need to make sure I'm drinking enough water.

It would be pretty nice if I went into labor on my own and didn't have to be induced, though the idea of this baby coming already is just a wee bit anxiety inducing. I know it's just a couple of days at this point, but somehow, those couple of days gives me a cushion that keeps it from being too real.

We had plans already to see Finding Dory with Kevin's parents, sister, and brother-in-law, and while I decided I was still up for it, I was worn out from the day and not up for cooking. We went to dinner at Red Brick Station, which was definitely a winner, particularly with the half-priced burger special. Finding Dory was excellent, and I only missed a few minutes of it when my bladder and the baby combined their powers and I had to sneak out to pee.

I took a nice long, warm-not-too-hot bath when we got home, and it eased some of the contractions discomfort. I'm now sitting with my feet up and drinking a bottle of water while I write, and I'll put myself to bed in just a few minutes. The usual Taxol aches have begun to settle in, so bed will be extra nice.

My mom is planning to head up tomorrow afternoon. She will be bringing the donated breast milk from my brother-in-law's cousin; another family member is bringing it from Charleston, SC to Charlotte, and she'll be on the road as soon as she picks it up from them. She'll have the car filled with gifts from the virtual baby shower my sisters hosted for me last month, as well as items that my almost-one-year-old nephew has outgrown. I'm looking forward to having her here. Dad will come up in another couple of days (sooner if needed), and it'll be super awesome to have them both here.

No comments:

Post a Comment